Exploring True Citizenship – Sydney 10th & 11th Aug 17 Simon Duffy and Kate Fulton
In partnership with the Jeder Institute, Kate Fulton and Simon Duffy are facilitating a 2 day workshop on True Citizenship. The workshop will explore:
- What true citizenship means – both the 7 keys tocitizenship and its internal dimensions
- Discover stories and practical innovations achieved inorder to make citizenship real
- Explore planning and design processes that can helpyou discover good supports for yourself or for those youserve
- Examine international evidence and debate on systemsfor enabling citizenship and empowering support
- Take time to plan together to create personal and localstrategies for advancing citizenship for all
As the National Disability Insurance Scheme and Consumer Directed Care rolls out – we are caught in a tension of consumerism and social justice. It is vital that we explore how we assist people to direct their supports in a way that creates a good life and supports people to be active citizens. The workshop will also provide an opportunity to debate and learn about innovations globally that are working to advance citizenship for all.
To register – click here
Look forward to seeing you.